If you were a commenter on Very Smart Brothas before the switch to Kinja, this is your chance to reassociate all your old comments from Disqus with your new Kinja account. Just follow these steps:
- Go to kinja.com/claim.
- Click the “Claim With Disqus” button.
- Log in to the Disqus account used to comment on Very Smart Brothas in the past.
- Select an account type for login. If you already have a Kinja account, select the login type associated with that account.
- Note: Burner accounts cannot be used in this process.
- Confirm the account merge by choosing “Merge With <yourDisqusAccountName>.”
- Note: If you select “Log in as <yourPreviousKinjaName>” the claim process will be canceled, and you’ll have to restart the process from step 1.
- At this point, you may be logged out. If so, log in to Kinja again using the same account type you selected in step 4.
- Note: Some users may be asked for a new username and display name upon login. You can choose the same username as your original account or start with a new handle. Usernames are unique, so if the username you want is already in use, you’ll have to choose a new one.
If you don’t have a Kinja account, this process will create one for you.
You should only initiate the claim process if you have used a Disqus account to comment on Very Smart Brothas before the switch to Kinja! If you try to claim your comments using a Disqus account that has never posted a comment to Very Smart Brothas, you’ll be logged out of Kinja.
The Disqus-to-Kinja account-claim process will only be available until May 16, 2018.