No need for a fancy pants lead in or intro. We may have done this only once, but like T.I. told somebody who was listening, "you know what it is."
Here's 10 songs that I've been listening to during the past week. Please share what you've been listening to as well. Please. Please.
1. Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl (There's never a bad time to play this song. Ever)
2. Black Sheep - Similak Child (I fucking love this beat. Pete Rock and hip-hop owe a debt of gratitude to Jefferson Airplane.)
3. The Middle East - Blood (I cannot tell you how much I love. I could try, it wouldn't do it any justice.)
4. The Roots featuring Common - Act Too (The Love Of My Life) [One of my top 5 favorite hip-hop songs of all time]
5. Uncle Reece - Until I Pass Out (going hard in the paint for Jesus? Sure. Why not?)
6. Cut Chemist - Spoon (It's just dope.)
7. Seether - Broken (I have my moments where I go all Scott Stapp on that ass)
8. The Association - Windy (the hip-hop producer in me wants to muder this sample)
9. Deadmau5 - Sleepless (shouts to Chill on SiriusXM radio)
10. Hugh Masekela - Ha Le Se Le Li Khanna (this songs makes me want to hug people who look like they'd wish me harm)
11. Band of Gypsys/Jimi Hendrix - Who Knows (because I was listening to this in the car early this morning and who can't use a little Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Miles, and Billy Cox in their lives)